Friday, March 27, 2015

Urbi et Orbi

Moments ago, I posted the following to the FaceSpace.
On a day when I spent most of my waking hours volunteering at charitable fundraisers, I received the news that I have been barred from reading at the upcoming Easter Vigil. This news came as quite a blow. I am banned because I sing in the choir, & our pastor has forbidden reading & singing at the same Mass. I am at a loss to explain why, especially since I pulled off the feat at last year's Easter Vigil without incident. The severest part of the blow is that I was not offered a choice, for as much as I cherish singing in the choir, I would have chosen to read at that particular Mass.

It falls to me to let this disappointment lead me into closer communion with the Lord. I do not understand Father's attitude, but he is our pastor & he is responsible for shepherding our flock, not me. Perhaps I'm too egotistical about my talent for reading & need a lesson in humility. I shall sing as well as I can at the Easter Vigil, & offer up my praise for His greater glory. I must not let my heart be tainted by bitterness.
The last sentence is aspirational, especially since my sinful wrath does such a consistently convincing job of masquerading as righteous anger.

No comments: