Sunday, June 16, 2019

24 HEURES DU MANS | 05:17:00

There are more than five hours left to race. Most W.E.C. races are six hours long in total; most I.M.S.A races are less than three hours long. The best way to throw it all away would be to start thinking the race is all but won.

G.T.E. Pro.
The № 63 Corvette repeatedly trades the class lead with the № 51 Ferrari according to the vicissitudes of the pit-stop cycle. The Porsches (№ 91 [W.E.C.] & № 93 [I.M.S.A.]) lurk just behind, ravenous in appetite & malicious in intent.

L.M.P.1
The № 7 Toyota continues to outpace & pull away from the sister № 8. The № 11 S.M.P. privateer continues to lead from the № 1 Rebellion in the race for the final spot on the podium & the honor of being the "best of the rest."

L.M.P.2
The № 26 G-Drive spent twenty minutes in the pits with starter trouble, allowing the № 36 Signatech to seize the initiative.

The Hour of the Wolf
I struggled between 2:00-3:00 A.M., facing nearly constant temptation to lose focus & close my eyes. I tried to remind myself that I'd slept through the night before during Le Mans & has always regretted it. Eventually, it dawned on me to get up & walk around. I soon perked right up.

No comments: