Thursday, October 8, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

The Wombats, "Here Comes the Anxiety" from The Wombats Proudly Present A Guide to Love, Loss & Desperation (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: The title ought to be A Guide to Love, Loss, & Desperation. Omitting the comma changes love, loss, & desperation from a list to loss & desperation defining love. Like so:
Now back to the business at hand, "Here Comes the Anxiety":
"I'd say that this is the darkest song I ever wrote,
No hint of a smile or the usual quirkly anecdotes,
No this is a song about someone knew what not to say, what not to do,
So, now I think I'll just be honest.

"I hope that no one ever leaves,
'Cause I don't want to be alone with me,
Not with the things that rush up & down
This infant's spine (Down this infant's spine),
Here comes the love anixiety,
Can't let it grab ahold of me,
Not after last time.

"Why'd you have to wear skirts & heels like that?
She's blinding anyway, but now she's floodlighting up the match…"

No comments: