Monday, April 7, 2003

New Idea! My new working theory is that the Democratic Party has six communal brain cells. Every politician, campaign strategist, spin doctor, worker bee, and voter has to share these six overtaxed brain cells. I mean, it's really quite impressive that the Democrats can do the things they do with such scarce resources. This theory was spawned by the realization that the Grand Old Party controls the White House and both houses of Congress. How in the Sam Hill does that happen? Make no mistake, I call myself a Republican, but I just can't understand how we have a monopoly on the elected branches of the national government. Folks, we are not the majority party. We have not been the majority party for quite some time, especially since the conservative coup d'etat spearheaded by President Reagan. So, how do we keep winning elections? (Regardless of your feelings about President Bush's election in 2000, we hold Capitol Hill fair and square.) My current theory: Democratic ineptitude and disorganization, symptoms of outright stupidity. If the Democrats can figure out where they misplaced their brains, man, we are in trouble. Until then, though, I leave you with the following. We may be lead by the Shrub, but which is worse: to be the guys lead by the Shrub or the guys who lose to the guys lead by the Shrub?

No comments: