Sunday, August 14, 2005

Condi Rice sez, "You're a loser!"
So, for the second consecutive year my score on the Foreign Service Written Examination was insuffcient to allow me to advance to the Foreign Service Oral Assessment. The principle frustration is that the results are only presented in pass/fail format. I have no idea how I did relative to last year, nor if I am on the cusp of advancing or just embarrassing myself.

Worse, though, has been my mother's reaction. She is acting like my life is over, as if my worth in this world is determined solely by my inability to pass the FSWE. Judging by her demeanor, I might as well taking up drinking as a serious hobby and register for food stamps. Thanks a lot, Mom, and fuck you. She sez she has confidence in me, but the lie of this is betrayed whenever there is the slightest set-back. If you think I'm a loser, just say it to my face. Don't pretend that you're proud of me and then act as if the world is ending every time any little thing goes wrong. Thanks for having such faith in me, Mother.

No comments: