Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tomorrow, I am to attend a day-long orientation at a facility belonging to my new employer, the Delphi Corporation. True, working for Delphi is a bit like climbing aboard the Titanic after she struck the iceberg, but in this instance all involved are in agreement that my employment is to be temporary. My idea of temporary calls for a much shorter tenure than Delphi probably imagines, but as I am to be an "at will" minion, I feel no moral compunction to volunteer that information to them. Ah, finally, though perhaps the trend may well be reversed with my next job, for the nonce I am leaving the shady service sector and entering the venerable manufacturing sector. At last, I'll be joining the Industrial Revolution... a century and a half after the fact. Huzzah!

I enjoyed the hell out of President Bush's surprise visit to Baghdad. There's nothing else quite like a rousing game of presidential "Where's Waldo?" "Yeehaw! I'm in the Green Zone! Heh heh, fooled ya! Wooooo!"

No comments: