Thursday, July 27, 2006

No Oracles at Delphi
My normal second shift shift is from 2:12pm to 10:42pm. We stop work at around 10:15, but for some odd (almost certainly meticulously negotiated by the UAW) reason, we can't actually clock out until precisely 10:42. Seriously, people stand by the timeclock waiting for it to flip from 22:41 to 22:42.

Anyway, I worked overtime yesterday, Monday, Friday, and Thursday, which means we work until 2:15am but don't clock out until 2:42am. Last night, some time after 1 o'clock, my fellows and I were getting a little punch drunk and we decided, "Wouldn't work be better with... ninjas?" The answer is yes. Everything is better with ninjas.

* * * * *

I would love to be descibed as "a gentle and genteel Gentile," but as you all know, only one out of those three is applicable to yours truly.

No comments: