Sunday, July 30, 2006

Trivial Pursuit
Last night, my parents' friends Roz and Marty came over and after we played a game of Trivial Pursuit. The teams pitted the boys against the girls, Marty, my dad, and me against Roz and my mom. The girls jumped out to an early lead, claiming the first wedgie, but in the end we prevailed 6-3. The contest was of course lopsided before it even began, not because the gents outnumbered the ladies three to two, but because I was on the male team; had I been with Roz and Mom, they would have secured a similarly lopsided victory over Marty and Dad. My partisanship essentially determines the victor. Yes, folks, I'm that good.

I am the best Trivial Pursuit player I've ever seen. Arrogance? Not at all. You see, I've defeated The Professor in single combat. The Prof is so good at Trivial Pursuit that he once gave the correct answer before he was even given the question. And I beat him fair and square. I'm not the best Trivial Pursuit player in the world, but I am better than you. I'm better at Dance Dance Revolution than any of my friends, but I'm convinced this is due to their general crumminess (no offense, gang), not any extraordinary ability on my part. I'm pretty good at Risk, but I lose more often than I win. Trivial Pursuit, however, is another beast entirely.

Other people are good at Trivial Pursuit, but me? I'm great.

No comments: