Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Deep in the Heart of Darkness... er, Texas
Though my bellyaching at the time was both frequent and persistent, I now realize that the failure of our air conditioner a few weeks hence was in fact a blessing. The new AC unit is more efficient and more effective than the old unit; given that the heat index today is supposed to be over 100 F, with actual temperatures in the high 90s, I'm not sure the old unit could have coped. Not that I'm faulting the old Lennox, it fought the good fight for thirty-odd years and gave the last full measure of devotion, but the present heat wave would have simply overwhelmed its capabilities. Hooray for blessings in disguise.

What does this have to do with moving to Forth Worthless? I'm moving to Texas in the middle of August, the same Texas where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a 90 F afternoon high. Am I fucking retarded? I blame the Mountain of Love for this. It's all his fault.

No comments: