Friday, August 11, 2006

No Oracles at Delphi
Today, Diane, a lady at work whom I would guess is approximately the same age as my parents (mid-50s), gave me a Superman Returns calendar. Like almost everyone else at Delphi she has seen me reading comics on my breaks and once we even had a pleasant conversation about the joys and perils of being a pack rat. We're friendly acquaintances. She said she saw the calendars at a discounted price at a drug store and bought two, one for each of us. Bog, I hated Superman Returns, but in the giving and receiving of gifts it is of course the thought that matters. What a kind gesture. Hoorah for random acts of kindness.

Speaking of things that make life more splendid, I can't get the Fountains of Wayne song "Lost in Space" out of my head. You cannot think about "Lost in Space" without smiling, it's impossible. Sweet fancy Moses, Utopia Parkway is an amazing feat of musical brilliance. It's splendiferous!

"And she walks the earth,
But she's not from the human race.
She's a pretty little thing, but she's lost,
Yeah she's lost in space,
Yeah she's lost in space."

No comments: