Monday, August 28, 2006

Deep in the Heart of Darkness... er, Texas
The Secret Base of the Rebel Black Dot Society is back on the air... metaphorically. I don't have the head of steam necessary to write the requisite big moving posts at the nonce, but suffice it to say that I am very pleased to be living with my brother, though simultaneously terrified to be living so far from home. Mine was a very isolated life in Grand Blanc, far removed my my dear friends, but that life boasted the comfort of the hearth and literal familiarity. Here in Fort Worthless, I am confronted by the great unknown. But at least I have my beloved brother by my side; so, I have someone with whom to commiserate in the face of the relentless 100 F heat. Fucking Texas.

One item of interest: both my aged, second-hand laptop and my aged,second-hand PC seem to have given up the ghost. Damnation. Still, such are the perils of collecting used HALs instead of forking out the greenbacks to purchase one of your very own; I knew this day would come sooner or later and, really, looking back, I had no right to expect that it would come this late. Both HALs should have been junked years ago. (And given the brief lifespan of HALs, it is a minor marvel when any HAL has years of life in it, even if most of those years are after it should have been put out to pasture.) So, I shall soon be biting the bullet and investing in a suitable, thought hardly state-of-the-art HAL, probably of the Macintosh persuasion. For now, I am bloggy blogging on the Mountain of Love's Power Book, which he has been kind enough to place at my disposal.

More later, gang. Have a lovely day.

No comments: