Wednesday, August 9, 2006

No Oracles at Delphi
I didn't pack a sack lunch today; so, I left the plant at "lunch" (7:00-7:30pm) and took advantage of one of the numerous readily accessable restaurants with drive-thru capabilities. Not in the mood for NPR, I hit the SEEK button on the Mousemobile's radio and soon found myself listening to a country music station. Bog, what I would have given for the DJ to have said, "We've got both kinds, country and Western." As I left work at the end of the shift (no overtime tonight; so, I left at 10:42pm), I decided to repeat the experiment. This time, I found myself listening to a Christian-themed inspirational/motivational monologue from a man with a voice both soft and intense. I love the Lord, but as I listened to this very earnest and clearly well-meaning man all I could think of was:

"In his favorite club,
In his favorite seat,
I saw the Devil,
Wingtip shoes on his feet,
Porkpie hat on his head,
He was diggin' the beat,
And the band ripped like demons
When he screamed, 'Turn on the heat!'"
--The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Devil's Night Out" from Devil's Night Out

Also, whenever possible I think I'll start referring to the Mousemobile as "the legendary Mousemobile." Legendary, you ask? You know as well as I that the Mousemobile is a rolling legend in her own time.

And soon the legend of the legendary Mousemobile will be huge. Huge like Brinkman.

No comments: