Tuesday, August 15, 2006

On Saturday, the Mountain of Love proposed marriage to the Buckeye and she accepted, becoming the future Mrs. Mountain. I hope they make each other very happy, because if she ever hurts him there shall come a frightful reckoning. (My purpose is not to offend; as anyone who knows me is well aware, I am very protective of my beloved brother.)

My Favorite Martian
Prompted by my interest in the new Martian Manhunter miniseries, I've begun collecting the Martian Manhunter ongoing series from the late 90s and generally researching the life and times of J'onn J'onzz. As is my habit, I've also begun formulating a few story ideas. Preliminary ideas include "Little Green Men," which will utilize The Alienist, a villain I invented for the hypothetical Superman story "Superego," and "Flight of the V.U.L.T.U.R.E." about the Manhunter's evil twin brother (honest to American God) Malefic and his worldwide criminal/terrorist organization V.U.L.T.U.R.E., the Vicious Union of Lethal Torturers, Underminers, Ravagers, and Executioners. As a fan of the miniseries Son of Vulcan, which featured a pair of the villainous White Martians as the chief black hats, I want to add Vulcan (Miguel "Mikey" Devante) to J'onn's supporting cast in a quasi-sidekick role. I can even borrow a title from The Man From U.N.C.L.E., "The Vulcan Affair," to introduce him into my Martian Manhunter. I believe the Martian Manhunter is rising quickly on the list of my favorite DC heroes.

No comments: