Sunday, September 10, 2006

Deep in the Heart of Darkness... er, Texas
I have begun to apply the visual cacophony to The Last Angry Lair. The Mountain and I have already given the treatment to the living room and the kitchen, producing a truly exceptional hybrid of our two poster collections, paying homage to Blue Tree Whacking; Star Wars; Star Trek; Indiana Jones; such comic book icons as the Batman, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man; the University of Michigan; and such musical greats as The Aquabats!, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, The (late, lamented) Hippos, and Mu330; The Simpsons; Bob & Doug McKenzie; et al. It's magnificent to behold.

The process of postering my bedroom is always long and laborious, but worthwhile. This go around, I am dealing with the added frustration of BTW South's walls, which are comvered in a bumpy, uneven kind of drywall. Taping is more difficult than normal; so, on some of the posters we have resorted to using tacks. All in all, I am satisfied with our progress, though as always my elation is tinged with anxiety for when we have to tear it all down again in eleven months.

The X-700 is out of commission and the Mountain's digital comera is dead; but, as soon as we have photographic means at our disposal, I shall attempt to share with you some of BTW South's decorative brilliance.

Doom
Yesterday, while we were exploring the mall in which is located the movie theater at which we saw Little Miss Sunshine, I bought an Invader ZIM T-shirt. As I type this, I have an image of GIR saying "Make me a sammich!" on my chest. Ain't life grand?

No comments: