Thursday, September 14, 2006

Train Wreck
For the last two weeks, the Mountain and I have been visiting our apartment complex's claustrophobically small exercise room on a daily basis (though I skipped last Saturday's session). We've been lifting and jogging on the treadmill. Bog, how I despise that treadmill. And yet, each day I mount it anew and willingly subject myself to a warm-up, thirty minutes of jogging, and a cool down. I jog at an incredibly slow speed, but a) I am a bloated fatass and b) I've never "run" before in my life. Before Tuesday, September 5, I'd never taken a constitutional jog in my life. I shall always think of myself as a swimmer, damn it, I don't run. Unfortunately, history has shown that I have a poor track record of dragging myself to a pool and pounding out enough yards to do my overtaxed heart any good; whereas under the stern gaze of the Mountain of Love's intracable discipline (which is a healthy adult adaptation of his unbelievable childhood stubbornness), I have run on nine of the past ten days. And that's even when I have regular acccess to a pool. Here in Fort Wothless, I'd have to find a suitable facility and then purchase some kind of membership. And while BTW South is proximal to UT Arlington, and while I would be surprised if their recreational facilities did not offer some kind of club membership for non-members of the university community, I might end up paying quite a bit of money for a pool I'd rarely visit. Whereas the price of admission to the minute exercise room and it's hated treadmill is built into the rent I'm paying anyway. Crap, not only am I rambling, but I'm rambling about a banal topic and, most unforgiveable of all, I am rambling in excruciatingly dull language. And yet, I'm going to post this rubbish. Man alive, why does anyone bother patronize this egomaniacal debacle of a bloggy blog?

I shall mightly endeavor to be more eloquent and more interesting when next I sit down to compose new material for the pompously christened Secret Base.

Addendum: If there is any point to the above, it's that thanks to the Mountain of Love I am eating better and getting much more exercise. Thanks, David!

No comments: