Friday, September 22, 2006

Hat Day!
On his way home from work this evening, the Mountain of Love stopped by The Stockyards and bought an authentic cowboy hat. He's wanted to do this since first he decided to accept the year-long appointment from the Fwopera. In honor of this momentous occasion, this evening we ate dinner while wearing hats, he his brand-spankin'-new ten gallon hat and I my Pith helmet. Henceforth, Thursday shall be Hat Day at BTW South, to be celebrated by the wearing of hats during the consumption of the evening meal. Huzzah, I say, for as a man who does not often wear a hat in his workaday life, I have long regarded hats as inherently festive. Hat Day is going to be great. Woot!

One of my favorite aspects of the visual cacophony is its eclecticity... which I'm reasonably sure isn't a real word, but we continue undaunted. Just today, I hung a poster of the Three Stooges as "Dewey, Cheatem & Howe - Attorneys at Law" below a poster of Starlight Over Rhone by Van Gogh. High culture, baby!

Hey, which would be a better nom de guerre/supervillain codename for a radical Marxist terrorist enemy of The Question, Propaganda or Vox Populi?

BTW South Song of the Day
Fountains of Wayne, "Hung Up On You" from Welcome Interstate Managers (Mt. Love)

No comments: