Friday, April 20, 2007

The Anniversary Party
Every now and again, I think about establishing a stealth blog, but then I remind myself that for the stealth blog to be effective I'd have to take great pains to preserve both my own anonymity and the anonymity of the dramatis personae. Why go to all that hassle when I can cut out the middleman and devote that time instead to writing lengthier, more detailed entries in my journal? The stealth blog would offer the thrill of potential discovery, but that feels like an indulgence. Better to confine my thoughts to my journal, which none but I shall ever peruse, not even the hypothetical The Last Angry Wife and The Last Angry Brats. The flirtations with a stealth blog, and my dedication to my journal, do not mean that I do not treasure The Secret Base and cherish the forum it provides. The Secret Base is an excellent vehicle both for propagating my pontifications and for maintain the bonds of fellowship with my far-flung friends.

The only problem with the codename "The Last Angry Wife" is the temptation to abbreviate it as "TLAW," which is a little too close to "The L.A.W." for comfort. But I definitely like The Last Angry Brats. The first son could be The Last Angry Boy and the second The Last Angry Lad.

Or maybe I'll borrow a page from George Foreman and codename all my kids Michael Patrick Doughnut Shark.

No comments: