Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hockeytown*
All class, Calgary, all class. The monster Bertuzzi's playoff curse has been broken, but I still say his presence on the team is an affront to the very notions of sportsmanship and fair play. He'd fit in very well with the thuggish Flames.

The Detroit Red Wings sans the monster Bertuzzi: 2-0
The Detroit Red Wings avec the monster Bertuzzi: 1-2

Also, a three day layoff between Games 1 and 2, both in Detroit, but Games 5 and 6 on consecutive days, despite Game 5 being in Detroit and Game 6 in Calgary? Who's the genius who devised the playoff schedule, the dimtwit who lead the players' union to ignominious defeat in the lockout?

I admire those who can write eloquently about sports. My own writing on the subject is coarse and vulgar, my higher brain functions having taken a backseat to the primitive instinct to kill and win. I love the emotional rollar coaster of sports, but it is not conducive to waxing poetically.



*I adore the logo of the Detroit Red Wings, and I enjoying saying, "the winged wheel," pronouncing winged as "wing-ed." But, there is a certain unidentifiable something about the aspect of "The Winged Wheel" that I find most displeasing. So, for the nonce, Red Wings posts shall be titled "Hockeytown." Suggestions for a better name would be most welcome and may be left in the comments section.

Caution: Vulgarity ahead.

Mission: Unpossible Zwei - Tage Neun (Freitag) und Zehn
The Watergirl rang this afternoon seeking my aid in killing some time before the departure of her flight to the Great Lakes State. She asked me how "Mission: Unpossible Zwei" was going and I told her, "It sucks. It really, really sucks." That said, it is not as if this second attempt at this year's Lenten sacrifice is the predominant fact of my days and nights.

No comments: