Friday, June 1, 2007

Firefox is the New Internet Explorer
Mozilla is offering a new version of Firefox, but neglecting to include any installation instructions. In four separate attempts, I could not install the new version without severely marring my desktop. There is a new, additional Firefox icon that refuses to be relocated to the dock with the rest of the icons. There is no way to use the new Firefox without the offending additional icon. That is unacceptable. That is the kind of aesthetic extortion I'd expect from the monopolisitic monolith of Microsoft, but not from supposedly user-friendly Mozilla. And worst of all, there is no help available from the Mozilla website. All they will do is refer you to a massive mesageboard with literally thousands of topics through which one could spend days sifting before locating one's specific problem. Having no support section at all would be less of an insult.

I now hate Firefox, even the old, reliable version that has served we so ably. But what I am to do? Every other browser is even worse, yet I feel unclean continuing to use Mozilla's Firefox. To my friends who urged me to use Firefox, damn you. I hate Mozilla and I hope every last affiliate of the evil Mozilla Foundation inexplicably bleeds from his or her eyes for at least six hours tomorrow and every day hereafter. Bog below, I hate the internet.

No comments: