Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I dusted this evening. Not the whole apartment, just the living room, but still (though tonight's activities negate the word about to appear in italics, I think you will all grasp the flavor of the remark), I never dust. This can be none other but a portent of some impending doom.

Someone cue Dr. Hee Haw's patented, "I'm doomed!"

Our next item will be appreciated solely by aficionados of Blue Tree Whacking's Smith and Winkler film franchise. There is a Congressman from Washington State named... wait for it... Norman Dicks. So close! One measly letter! Our little Norman... a Congressman?

And yes, I still have the father and son pictures we had taken at Sears proudly displayed in my room.

Science!*
Asteroids, ho! Dawnlink. And as long as we're on the topic of asteroids and "dwarf planets," a scurrilous term with neither credibility nor charisma, we must not give up the fight to reverse last year's abominable deletion of this solar system's ninth planet: Plutolink. And I would like to assure cunt-rag supreme Mike Brown that he will not "go down in history as the guy who killed Pluto," he won't go down in history at all. Petty toad that he is, he will be forgotten utterly.

*The enigmatic C requested more science!links. Voila! I thought I'd take this opportunity to differentiate between "Science!" posts and "The Stars My Destination" posts. I don't care to invest the time or energy required to scour The Secret Base's past for inconsistencies, but the general policy is thus: "Science!" posts highlight the whole range of scientific inquiry, including activities by NASA, the ESA, Virgin Galactic, or any of several other astral agencies; "The Stars My Destination" is reserved for discussion of manned space flight, the noblest of all human endeavours.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
They Might Be Giants, "Jessica" from Why Does the Sun Shine? (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Fountains of Wayne's "Hey Julie" makes me think about Skeeter and Barenaked Ladies's "Maybe Katie" prompts me to think about The Watergirl, but "Jessica" doesn't recall to mind either A Girl Named Hell-ya or China Doll. I suspect the stupefyingly obvious, that the difference lies in "Jessica"'s lack of lyrics.

No comments: