Thursday, June 21, 2007

I love the Aussies: Persialink.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Reel Big Fish, "Song #3" from Why Do They Rock So Hard? (T.L.A.M.)

Mittwoch, 20 Juni
The Reunion Show, "Art of Nothing" from The Motion (T.L.A.M.)

Hat Day!
In the second solo observance of Hat Day, I wore my black Anti-Negativity Helmet and Official Aquabats! Mask. Captain Thumbs-Up strikes again! I love Hat Day!

Curses! Foiled Again!
My dad called my cell phine this evening. By Lucifer's beard! He called to tell me the cruise ship he and my mom have been on since last weekend was leaving Juneau, the first place they'd had mobile phone reception since leaving Vancouver. I know he didn't know this, and it is hard to justify blaming him for ruining plans of which he was entirely ignorant, but this was supposed to be the one week that I was guaranteed - GUARANTEED - to be free from the omnipresent threat of calls from my parents. I'm flabbergasted, I honestly didn't think there was anyway this plan could go awry. Who calls from an Alaskan cruise just to say, "Hey, we're leaving Juneau"? You're supposed to tell people about your vacation once you're back home AFTER said vacation! I mean, yeah, I have to give my dad credit for being a genuine non-conformist, but would it kill him to follow the most basic societal norms?

I hope they're having as much fun as he claimed and the the call can be chalked up to paternal eccentricity, because my mom's been talking about taking a cruise to Alaska for the better part of a decade and I really want this trip to live up to her expectations.

No comments: