Monday, July 2, 2007

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Guster, "Ramona" from Keep It Together (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Keep It Together was a disappointment when first released, but over it time it has grown on me. It's not nearly the equal of Lost and Gone Forever or the better songs on Goldfly, but it has slowly but steadily increased in my esteem.

"Ramona" was previously a BTW South Song of the Day, selected by your humble narrator, but as stated earlier that it no obstacle to becoming a Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day. It is my nature: I saw each of the
Star Wars prequels over a dozen times at the theater; I've watched every single episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (there are 176) at least thrice, and many episodes several additional times; I read my comic books twice before filing them away in the proper box, where they are stored in case reading an issue again should strike my fancy. I enjoying going back very nearly as much as I enjoy going forward.

No comments: