Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Fountains of Wayne, "Bright Future in Sales" from Welcome Interstate Managers (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Happy birthday to me, but seriously, Mike, you're 28 years old. You really do have to get your shit together, because you cannot live like this forever.

The Loot
chocolate chip cookies (The Worrywart)
The 4400 - The Third Season (Mt. Love)
Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus, Volume One (The L.A.W.)
Reel Big Fish, Monkeys For Nothin' and the Chimps For Free (Mt. Love)
Charles Brooks, ed., Best Editorial Cartoons of the Year - 2007 Edition (The Worrywart) - a 17-year tradition
largess to purchase a printer (The Worrywart)
largess to purchase a new pair of dress shoes (The Worrywart)

I do not know if The Goldbricker (my dad) contributed to any of The Worrywart's (my mom) gifts. He may have, he may not have. He did sign my birthday card, though.

Glory be, the Marvin the Martian cookie jar jointly owned by my beloved brother and I is about 1/3 full of my mom's unrivaled chocolate chip cookies! Don't get attached to them, those cookies are not long for this world.

We have yet to work out the joint-custody agreement for Marvin, but I suspect we'll end up swapping him on an annual basis.

Emily the Strange
Emily isn't crazy...

...she's just mad.

Hat Day, After a Fashion
This evening, I finally made up the last of the missed Hat Days by wearing the Lebanon Raceway ballcap I inherited from my Grandpa Little, God rest his soul. Boy howdy, he loved harness racing. I miss you, Grampa. I love Hat Day!

The Blood Royal
Ladies and gentlemen, we here at The Secret Base, who are pleased as punch to live in America where no petty king holds sway, proudly present the culmination of generation after generation of inbreeding by the royal houses of Europe: bucket-o-crazylink.

No comments: