Monday, January 28, 2008

A day late, but never a dollar short.

The Explorers Club
No. LXII - The assassination of British Prime Minister Spencer Perceval by John Bellingham on 11 May 1812.






Blotto
I had the house all to myself from Saturday morning to Sunday evening; so, as I ate my dinner of hamburgers and apple sauce and watched the Michigan-Michigan State hockey game on Saturday (Whew! I've rarely been so happy to come away with a tie.) I decided to forgo my habitual glass of milk for a Heineken. And then after that I had another. Should I be worried by this new penchant for drinking alone? Thus this week's alcohol themed Songs of the Day.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Smash Mouth, "Beer Goggles" from Fush Yu Mang (T.L.A.M.)

Sonntag, 27 Januar
Allister, "Boysenberry" from Dead Ends and Girlfriends (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "I'm gonna drink 'til I don't know my name."

Samstag, 26 Januar
Reel Big Fish, "Beer" from Turn the Radio Off (T.L.A.M.)

Freitag, 25 Januar
Feist, "1234" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Ricky Fitness
I have one of those awful head colds that comes with perpetual headache so that every cough is a lightning bolt straight to the brain. Also, I am dizzy all the time, even when sitting down. These are not conditions conducive to challenging exercise.

Vote For Kodos
During President Bush's State of the Union address this evening, I said to my father, "I really hope that under his suit and shirt he's wearing a T-shirt that says, 'I'm the Decider.'" Bog, I'm going to miss W.

No comments: