Saturday, January 19, 2008

I have decided to resurrect my interest in/fondness of college basketball this season, and to that end I have already watched the lion's share of two games, Purdue 74-67 Illinois and Maryland 82-80 North Carolina, and portions of several others, including Tennessee 74-69 Ohio State and Kansas State 75-54 Texas A&M. And in spite of my loyalty to the Big Ten, I confess I smiled while watching the final seconds of Ohio State's defeat. Buckeye scum.

As soon as I am done here, I shall return to Duke-Clemson, at least until I am, I hope, interrupted by the Michigan-Notre Dame hockey game at The Palace. My paternal grandmother, God rest her soul, was an alumna of Duke University; so, much to Mrs. Sacramento's (an alumna of U.N.C.) dismay I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the Blue Devils.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
MxPx, "Secret Weapon" from Secret Weapon (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "You are your own secret weapon."

No comments: