Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Endurance
Henceforth, the honorific "Codename: PANDORA" shall nevermore be applied to The Sardine. Neglectful friendship is fine and dandy and shall persist, but all other avenues of thought are banished forthwith.

I shall for a time give the Dark Bastard free rein, and after a sufficient catharsis begin anew the search for the one true apple of my eye.

The Irrevocable Shackles of Matrimony: Matrimania - D.C.
In today's mail I received my invitation to my sister's impending nuptials. Huzzah! I am thrilled at the prospect of The Maine Man's elevation from mere boyfriend-cum-fiancé to Brother-in-L.A.W.

And now a pair of items pertaining to nomenclature. My sister, The L.A.W., and The Guy are getting married within a three-week interval, and as soon as their proximity was noted May 2008 was immediately christened "Matrimania." Yesterday, I floated the possibility of "Matri-May-nia," but upon further reflection I cannot stomach the idea. Matrimania conveys the perfect degree of hectic levity, Matri-May-nia is an abominable crime against the sacred mother tongue. One and all have my sincerest apologies.

And with two so delightfully proximal weddings, how ever to report coherently all I see, hear, and experience to The Secret Base? "Matrimania, Phase One" for The L.A.W. and "Phase Two" for The Guy and The Gal? With the reporting of each to surely require several posts (notice that I still have yet to conclude last Fall's highly controversial and multi-part "The Irrevocable Shackles of Matrimony: The Wedding Album"), "Matrimania, Phase One, Part II" seemed frankly ridiculous. And identifying each wedding by date seemed not exactly cold, but uncomfortably distant. So, for the nonce each shall be identified by the location of the festivities, "Matrimania - D.C." for The L.A.W.'s wedding in the shadow of the Capitol and "Matrimania - St. Louis" for The Guy's nuptials in the shadow of the Gateway Arch. (And if you have never seen the Arch with your own eyes, my Bog, it is more breathtaking than you can possibly imagine.)

Critiques, compliments, and condemnations are most welcome; we all have a stake in improving the quality of The Secret Base of the Rebel Black Dot Society.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Topol, et al., "To Life" from Fiddler on the Roof (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: L'Chaim!

Or, as we say inside B.T.W., "To high chlorine."

No comments: