Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Spike Jones & His City Slickers, "Jones Polka" from The Spike Jones Anthology (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: A silly little polka about an immigrant laborer pissing away his meager wages on rounds for the whole bar.

"Give-ed me a cocktail
When I am low and droopy.
And then I'll dance a polka,
And make-ed lots of hoopy.
I work-ed in a coal mine,'
Things are pretty black.
But tonight the treat's on me,
I cash-ed my paycheck!

"Everybody have a drink,
Let's have fun together.
I got plenty money,
Go catch a doubleheader.
Bartender, please take care my friends,
Drinks for ladies and gents,
I got all kinds money,
Thirty-two dollars and forty-five cents!

Have-ed anything you like,
Even rum-and-Coke it.
Just give me glass plain whiskey rum,
And don't-ed make me choke it.
Feel up you glass with vishnic,
We gon' have-ed great big picnic,
Everything she's in the pink!
Everybody have a drink!"

No comments: