Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Believe: Red Wings 3-2 Penguins
Sixteen wins for Lord Stanley's Cup. Best of seven: Detroit 4-2 Pittsburgh.

Oh my Bog. Oh my Bog. Oh my Bog. How I had missed this sensation! I cannot even hope to be minimally articulate. All is joy. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Ilitch. Thank you, Captain Lidstrom. My thanks to all the Red Wings. And a special nod to Steve Yzerman, former captain of the Red Wings and now in the front office, who refused to come down to the ice tonight and deflect any attention from this year's players' triumph. Nobody does it better, Captain Yzerman. Thank you all.

The Detroit Red Wings
2008 Stanley Cup Champions

Believe.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, "She Believes In Me" from Love Their Country (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "And she believes in me, I'll never know just what she sees in me."

No comments: