Thursday, June 5, 2008

Still basking in the afterglow, this evening I am wearing a T-shirt appropriate to the occasion: "Swedish Mafia: Efficient but deadly."



The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, "Nobody Does It Better" from Have A Ball (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Dedicated to Detroit Red Wings alternate captain Henrik Zetterberg, No. 40, winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player in the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the most dangerous man on the ice during a 5-on-3.

There is much about which to complain, but at this juncture I am, as you may have gathered, still soaring from last night and thus in no mood to ponder the abyss. Yet to sate those clamoring for more personal content, I bring you a confession both shocking and utterly bewildering, most of all to yours truly. An excerpt from an online chat with Skeeter, held exactly one week ago:
Skeeter: i'm in it for the voyeurism
so i thank you

Me: At this exact moment, I am experiencing the most bizarre crush on Hilary Duff.
Skeeter: ew, mike
she's not even pretty

Me: Bizarre in that I have seen none of her films and her music is horrific. I am at a complete loss, Julie.
Skeeter: go focus on blake lively
at least she's purdy

Me: I have no idea who that is, but I'll try. The internet shall yield the answers!
A week on, I remain entirely enchanted by the Duffmeister (and I do not mean my R.C.Y. bandmate, and damn dirty lefty, John). Plumb the depths of that oddity... if you dare! Sooner rather than later, we'll compare and contrast this disturbing infatuation with the oft misunderstood meaning of our occasional features "Parker Posey Appreciation Day" and "Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day." Is there a method to my madness or merely a series of misfiring synapses? Stay tuned.

But first, of course, more Stanley Cup celebrating. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments: