Thursday, June 26, 2008

Special Request
I am to be proscribed from speaking my mind even in mine own house? I have racked my brain for any way to interpret these events to cast myself as the villain, without success. What could I have possibly done to be deserving of such disrespect? No matter. Nemo me inpune lacessit.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
We the Kings, "Check Yes Juliet" via iTunes, Single of the Week (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: By Jove, by the by-laws of the mother tongue, the title should be rendered as "Check Yes, Juliet"! And yet there is a startling lack of anger throughout the Anglosphere. Weep for our posterity.

Mittwoch, 25 Juni
They Might Be Giants, "Hey, Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had a Deal" from Then: The Earlier Years, Disc Two (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: One of Then's little known gems.

No comments: