Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Banzai Beard Bonanza II: Bonsai's Revenge
Day 11: Behold! Oddly enough, I was complimented on this debacle by three people today. Of course, they think I'm going to keep the beard short like it is now. The fools! I hate the close beard, that bane of modern men's grooming. Stubble is one thing, but if you're going to grow a beard, then grow a verdammt beard!







Ooo, should I name the beard? What do you think about "Chester"?

Banzai!

The Victors: Project OSPREY
Michigan 64-55 Penn State
8-6, Big Ten 2-1

I was only able to catching the last ten minutes of the second half, but that was certainly the right quarter of the game for the Michigan faithful! The valiant Wolverines were down by ten when first I glimpsed the contest with the ferocious Nittany Lions, but steadily our boys ate away at Penn State's lead. Woo hoo!

Is the season back on track, with a comeback win against Penn State on the heels of the upset of a plainly superior Ohio State squad? Let's all do everything in our power to jinx the rest of the season, like I just did!

Propagandalink.

Sunday, 3 January 2010
Michigan 73-65 Ohio State (No. 15)
7-6, Big Ten 1-1

Missed it completely. I meant to watch it, but Sunday didn't go at all to plan. That's not a complaint, just an observation.

Thursday, 31 December 2009
Indiana 71-65 Michigan
6-6, Big Ten 0-1

I'm no fair weather fan, dear friends. I watched the majority of New Year's Eve's loss to the wily Hoosiers of Indiana University, missing the last thirty seconds because I was already running late for the New Year's Eve extravaganza. We had them, or we could have had them, we just couldn't seal the deal. And that's the most frustrating kind of loss. By Lucifer's beard!

Go Blue!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Andy Partridge, "I Wonder Why the Wonderfalls" courtesy of The Watergirl (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The theme song to the late, lamented television series Wonderfalls. If you haven't seen the show, I insist you do so soonest. My D.V.D. boxset sits ready to loan. Any takers?

1 comment:

Mike Wilson said...

"Testes. Testes. One, two… three?"