Thursday, January 28, 2010

Project MERCATOR
It might be a bad weekend for blogging, as I've a full social calendar, but I have hopes of getting home relatively early tomorrow evening, in which case I aspire to compose at least one of the following two posts, if not both: "Freaks and Geeks... and Greeks" & "The Topless Towers of Ilium." (That both have Hellenic-themed titles is a function of my bent of mind, not a relationship one to the other.)

I was waylaid tonight by three events: {ein} The Econ Club's monthly dinner, which I had no inkling was tonight until 'twas announced at this afternoon's meeting; I'm the bloody secretary, how had that managed to escape my attention? {zwei} Assisting The Cowgirl (Vanessa, formerly uncodenamed) with her accounting & marketing homework. {drei} Watching the evening's new episode of Burn Notice with my father. I rue his discovery of Burn Notice last season; I watch the new episodes with him only because it's easier than putting up with the whining that would follow if I insisted on watching them on my own. I know, I know, alas and alack, woe is me!

This weekend: Friday, a political event, a favor to my father; Saturday, movie night at the Wilson household; Sunday, roller derby (!), to be accompanied by some new pals from Lansing. Social mother-lovin' butterfly.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Fountains of Wayne, "Imperia" from Out-of-State Plates, Disc Two (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: No particular reason for a song of mourning today, the elegance and beauty of "Imperia" happened to ensnare me.

3 comments:

The Guy said...

You've been on a real Fountains of Wayne kick lately. Not a bad thing, just saying.

The Guy said...

You've been on a real Fountains of Wayne kick lately. Not a bad thing, just saying.

Mike Wilson said...

A comment so nice you had to say it twice. *wink*