Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Objective FINNLAND
FINNLAND was in some ways not as difficult as I'd feared, but much more difficult in other ways. One such is the aftermath lasting far longer than I'd breezily, arrogantly predicted. But my recovery continues apace & I shall soon be restored to pre-Crim health.

The Secret Base has been kneecapped by not only the lingering effects of FINNLAND, but a confluence of events that are making this perhaps the most slothful week of the year. And as we well know, as odd as it sounds, the more time I have on my hands the less I manage to get done. But I'm endeavoring to reverse this trend and bring many much-delayed posts, including my review of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and all the Formula One action you can handle in "This Week in Motorsport," plus the continuing effort to get "The Explorers Club" all caught-up Stay tuned!

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Nigel Godrich, "Hello Envy" from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Original Score by Nigel Godrich (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Alas, the title should be "Hello, Envy." The comma is not optional; the words hello envy, sans comma, mean that someone is envious of of someone else's hello. Uncle Leo used to experience hello envy when he would ask Jerry, "What, you can't say 'Hello' to your uncle?"

Hello, Envy (the nickname is derived from Miss Adams's initials, N.V.).




Montag, 30 August
Osymyso, "Prepare" from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Original Score by Nigel Godrich (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Prepare… prepare to face the wrath of the League of Evil Exes!"

3 comments:

KP said...

Mike!

Sorry I missed you at the Crim! And the last two times I've been home. I am a lazy and bad friend who never calls people even when thrown into a dumb, last-minute rock show at Woobie's.

I hope your race didn't end with your knees threatening to jump out of your legs like mine did.

I'll be sure to call you next time I come to Flint so we can catch up.

brenda cox giguere said...

Hey, Mike. The next time you're in California, I'd be honored if you contacted me so we could have a coffee or a lunch or a beer or whatever suits. I know travelling is usually purpose-driven and time is an issue, but if it worked out, I'd love to meet the man behind the legends. Cheers!

Mike Wilson said...

Being a bad friend is a two-way street, Ki-El. I gleaned from the Facebook that you were visiting the G.B., but I didn't pick up the phone, either. We shall both dedicate ourselves to doing better in future.

Thank you for the invitation, CA Dreamer, I should very much like to make your acquaintance when next I am in the Golden State. As it happens, I will be in Los Angeles the first weekend in October, but as I will be with the Speech & Debate Team I do not know if I will have the chance to take you up on your offer, Brenda. I shall keep you abreast of the situation as it develops.