Friday, August 27, 2010

Objective FINNLAND
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are playing at Saint Andrew's Hall tonight, in the heart of Detroit. One of my favorite bands, returned from, it was supposed, the great beyond, performing at my favorite venue, and I'm not there. Captain Malice had in mind, though never formally proposed, a plan for he, The Bradman, and me to see The Mighty Mighty Bosstones in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, tomorrow evening. I learned about this from The Bradman and presume that the scheme was unraveled by something on the Captain's end, but even had it not been, I would be unable to go. Because bright and early tomorrow morning I am to run (often jog, sometimes walk) in the Crim (the Grim?) ten-mile race through the streets of Flint, the crown jewel of the Crim Festival of Races. It's just bad timing, nothing more than that, but curse the bad timing.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Beck & Cornelius, "Katayanagi Twins vs. Sex Bob-omb" from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Original Score by Nigel Godrich (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Katayanagi Twins vs. Sex Bom-omb" contains the Sex Bob-omb song "Threshold." Beck & Cornelius are the composers, not necessarily the performers.

2 comments:

The Guy said...

I commend your self sacrifice and dedication.

Mike Wilson said...

Thank you, but my half-arsed preparations put the lie to your kind assertion of dedication. But I do accept the word in the spirit in which it was offered.