Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Beck & Nigel Godrich, "Death to All Hipsters" from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Original Score by Nigel Godrich (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Within "Death to All Hipsters," Kim prefaces her count-off by screaming, "We are Sex Bob-omb and we are here to watch Scott Pilgrim kick your teeth in!" We are then treated to an ever faster yet rendition of "We Are Sex Bom-omb." Woot!

I've not unwittingly become a hipster, have I? You guys would tell me, right?


Samstag, 28 August
Beck & Nigel Godrich, "We Are Sex Bob-omb (Fast)" from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Original Score by Nigel Godrich (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "We Are Sex Bob-omb (Fast)" is prefaced in the preceding song, "Welcome to Chaos Theatre" with a snipped of dialogue from the motion picture featuring Alison Pill as Kim Pine & Jason Schwartzman as Gideon Graves.

Gideon: "Aww, I think this deserves a song. Kimberly!"

Kim: "We are Sex Bob-omb. We are here to make money and sell out and stuff."

2 comments:

Zimm said...

The term "hipster" has suffered the same fate as the term "alternative" in the 90s. It is overused and ubiquitous, and thus, rendered meaningless. So yes, you're a hipster. We are all hipsters.

twg said...

Speak for yourself! I am not a fucking hipster!

I do have a streak of teal and pink in my hair, but that was more of a "don't pick me for your jury" thing.