Friday, August 13, 2010

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Guster, "Ramona" from Keep It Together (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Keep It Together isn't quite the same as Gets It Together, but I find it spooky that they share "Ramona," a rather uncommon name, in common.

"When I was younger and thought of myself
I never dreamed I'd become like this."


As you may have gleaned, the release of the motion picture Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a big deal to me. I should like to have counted down the evil ex-boyfriends over the last week, but 'twas a momentous and disrupted week for me. If you haven't read Bryan Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim saga, these posters might be considered spoilers; if that's the case, you've no one to blame but yourself for neglecting a classic of modern literature.













Anyone wishing to make amends is welcome to borrow my copies of Scott Pilgrim, Vols. 1-6.

3 comments:

The Guy said...

I just made a date to see it tomorrow night. I read Book 6 at baggage claim in Frankfurt. Consider me stoked.

Mike Wilson said...

Cool!

You've yet to respond on the B.T.W. Forums: How far did you wade into Defend the Realm before turning back?

brenda cox giguere said...

The graphic art on those posters is superb.