Monday, August 19, 2013

He's Dead, Jim
After getting too much sun (too many of the Accursed Sun's death rays) during Wednesday's hour-long cruise, for Thursday's much longer cruise & Saturday's trekking up & down the length & breadth of Back to the Bricks, I girded myself with S.P.F. 100 sunscreen & the Mark II wide-brimmed straw hat. I sport the traditional farmer's tan, with my forearms mildly sunburnt & my upper arms the pasty, freckled hue of my British Isle ancestors, but then again I look like that to various degrees almost all year round; even in midwinter, when hidden from the death rays of the Accursed Sun for months, my forearms never quite return to their base pastiness. So, the weekend's sun-defense measures seem to have been largely successful.

The Rebel Black Dot State Songs of the Day
John Linnell, "Utah" from State Songs, Vol. 1 (T.L.A.M.)

Sonntag, 18 August
Ben Folds, "Kylie from Connecticut" from Way to Normal (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Kylie from Connecticut" isn't really about Connecticut, but is given credit here for the persistent use of the word Connecticut. Connecticut.

2 comments:

twg said...

Man, my BF just LOATHES Connecticut. Maybe because he's forced to work there 5 days a week, but still. Loathes.

Mike Wilson said...

Your boyflesh should talk to an old debate teammate of mine, who swears she will never again set foot in Connecticut. Why? Because whilst at a tournament in far western Conn. she was struck by a singularly dreadful case of the kidney stones & had to be hospitalized.