Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Rebel Black Dot State Song of the Day
Sufjan Stevens, "Say Yes! to M!ch!gan!" from Michigan (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Sacred Michigan will of course be over-represented in the R.B.D.S.O.T.D.'s state songs. This is right & proper given the nature of The Secret Base & the privileged position these pleasant peninsulas hold in my heart & in my mind. The most longstanding & loyal of these proceeding's readers originated in the Wolverine State, even as the lion's share of them, for unimpeachable reasons of necessity & self-interest, have since emigrated, & I trust that they will forgive me my preoccupation, my obsession with this blessed & blighted land of woe & wonder.

"Still I never meant to go away,
I was raised, I was raised,
In the place, in the place,
Still I often think of going back…"

No comments: