Friday, April 11, 2014

Bier! | Project MERCATOR

Tonight, one of my brother Knights of Columbus gifted me a six-pack of his wife's & his home-brewed beer. Brother Envy (like Scott Pilgrim's "Envy" Adams, his code name is based on his initials, November Victor [which would itself be a pretty cool code name]) is one of the small but growing number of Knights in our council (a council is unique to a parish) who is close to my age, & we are fast forming a friendship above & beyond our brotherhood, based on similarities of personality & interests. His home brews are chilling in the refrigerator & I doubt I shall have one tonight, but I am curious to see what to-morrow evening brings, especially since the skies are forecast to be clear & the air warm, a lovely spring evening on which to crack open a beer or three.

In one of our conversations at to-day's Lenten fish fry, & I forget the details of the preamble, Brother Envy said to me, "That's kind of mean."

I replied, without missing a beat, "I know who I am." He found this a mightily impressive answer.

He's Dead, Jim
I tweaked my right wrist during the course of the fish fry. It was probably when I was hoisting the boxes of frozen fish out of the freezer, but I didn't feel anything in the moment. Shortly afterward, I noticed that something was rotten in the state of Denmark. I have full range of motion, but certain motions bring a sharp but bearable pain.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"So don't do that."

No comments: