Wednesday, April 16, 2014

SKApril!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Mustard Plug, "Miss Michigan" from Evildoers Beware! (T.L.A.M.)

Skammentary: The following is only tangentially related to "Miss Michigan": It is particularly irksome, after I have made a wacky observation, for one married bloke to turn to another married bloke (or as was the case in the most recent case, a divorced bloke remarked to an engaged bloke) & say, "You can tell he's never been married." The last time this happened it took all of the grace granted me by the Holy Ghost not to say, "Maybe it was your inability to communicate openly, to express yourself freely as I do, that caused your wife to divorce you the very moment your youngest child was out the door to college." That would have been exceedingly cruel, & I am glad those words only flashed through my mind & never came close to passing from my lips. But in the face of such smugness, especially since that exact thing has been said more than once, I was sorely tempted.

"So I meet a girl I know is right,
She's got is all, she's just my type,
So I take it slow, show her I'm real,
And I treat her right, show her how I feel,
Next thing you know I'm so in love
And it's only her that I'm thinking of,
But I'm such a fool, I can see today
Should have known from the start that the girl was gay.

"I've done it before and I'll do it again!
I've seen the path and I've seen the end!
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
I think I'm better off just dating Miss Michigan!"


Mustard Plug, like The Ninjas, The Insyderz, & The Loose Ties,
et al., are part of sacred Michigan's indigenous ska scene.

No comments: