Saturday, April 26, 2014

Project GLOWWORM

For yesterday's wedding rehearsal, I waxed my moustache for the first time in a dog's age. I am often asked if I wax, & it is my privilege & my joy to inform my questioners that I am blest with a moustache that curses upward by natural inclination, with but the smallest persuasion by comb & fingers. I can count on one hand the occasions on which I've waxed my moustache, so clearly more experience is needed to determine the right amount of wax & the proper technique for application. That said, I am in deed blest to sport a moustache of such naturally-occurring magnificence, so what need have I for wax? Yes, there is a certain wildness to my whiskers, a certain bushiness that waxing might relieve, but is that what I really want? I am not now nor have I ever been a dandy, so how much work do I want it to look like I've put into my moustache? How much work I put into it & how much work it looks like I've put into it are two discrete considerations. Effortless elegance is the ticket, methinks.

No comments: