Thursday, October 2, 2014

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today is the feast of the Holy Guardian Angels: Angels-link & Wikipedia-link.

Commentary: On Tuesday I bumped into & had an impromptu lunch with a fellow I know from church. As we parted, I reminded him that the day before, Monday, had been the Feast of the Archangels & that Thursday, today, would be the Feast of the Guardian Angels, "So I'm having a pretty angelic week & I hope you are, too." I hope you are, too, dear reader.

Bonus! Songs of the Day
MxPx, "Angels" from Secret Weapon (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"Where angels carry me along the way,
Where I can close my eyes at night and pray,
Where angels stand and watch me
While I look up to the sky,
Where angels carry me along the way…"


&

The Stanley Brothers, "Angel Band" from O Brother, Where Art Thou?: Soundtrack from the Motion Picture (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"O come, angel band!
Come and around me stand,
O bear me away with snow-white wings
To my immortal home…"

No comments: