Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day: SKAfter Party


Reel Big Fish, "Sell Out" (live) from Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album, Disc 2: Move Fastly to the Fast Music (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: "This is our big hit from the '90s, Ladies & Gentlemen. It's called 'Sell Out.'
"'Well, I know you can't work in fast food all your life,
But don't sign that paper tonight,' she said, but it's too late.

"And I don't remember what I read,
Don't remember what they said,
Guess it doesn't matter,
Guess it doesn't matter anymore.

"'Cause you're gonna go to the record store,
You're gonna give 'em all your money,
Radio plays what they want you to hear,
Tell me it's cool, I just don't believe it…

"No more flippin' burgers, puttin' on my silly hat,
You know I don't want that no more.

"And I didn't ask when we get paid,
Quit my day job anyway,
Guess it doesn't matter,
Guess it doesn't matter anymore…

"And I don't think it'll be so bad,
And I know it won't be so bad,
'Cause the Man said, 'That's the way it is,'
And the Man said, 'It don't get better than this,'
No, no, no!

"So I signed on to the record company,
They said they gonna give me lots of money
If I play what they want you to hear,
Tell me it's cool and I sure believe it!…"

Samstag, 28. Mai
John Williams, "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars: Episode I—The Phantom Menace (Where's Teddy?)

Commentary: Where's Teddy? is from a musical family & for his birthday he received a book of music from Star Wars, for the piano. He immediately opened it to "Duel of the Fates." The Force is strong with that one.

No comments: