Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Lord's Day

Francesca Battistelli, "If We're Honest" via iTunes (from If We're Honest) (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"Don't pretend to be something that you're not,
Living life afraid of getting caught,
There is freedom found when we lay our secrets down
At the Cross, at the Cross.

"Your bring your brokenness and I'll bring mine,
'Cause love can heal what hurt divides,
And mercy's waiting on the other side…"

Samstag, 14. Januar
The Proclaimers, "Don't Give It to Me" from Persevere (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: I pray that I only find "Don't Give It to Me" funny because it reflects how I used to be, not how I am today.
"Now I'm not immune to misery myself,
But it's just a bore in somebody else,
If you weren't allowed to talk with yourself,
You would have nothing to say.

"Your life's full of misery?
Well take something for it,
Or try to ignore it,
Don't give it to me!…"

No comments: