Monday, August 21, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKAugust


Johnny Socko, "They Know Us at the Spa" from Full Trucker Effect (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: I know nothing of Johnny Socko's music beyond Full Trucker Effect, having been first introduced to "They Know Us at the Spa" on the Asian Man Records compilation Mailorder Is Still Fun!!, the second in the series. Back in the day, before iTunes, that was how we sampled new music.
"Three in the A.M., Lincoln northbound,
Nobody knows me in this big, windy town,
Gig is over, but I'm not done yet,
Feel like shaking the rattle before I crawl into my bassinet.
Only one place, and that's drawing near,
Milk of human kindness: skunky Croatian beer,
Front desk, Ray looks up, says, 'Welcome home,'
Ain't no more need to roam.

"They know us at the spa, yeah yeah,
They know us at the spa, yeah yeah,
They know us at the spa, yeah yeah,
They know us at the spa, yeah yeah,
They know us at the spa.

"Best not overload the elevator,
If I was you I wouldn't even touch the floor,
T.V. is fine if you like W.G.N.,
Odds are two to one that you get the fresh linens,
Head down to the bar for a couple of belts,
Order what you want, you'll end up with something else,
Rum turns to whiskey, whiskey becomes gin,
'You like the Thompson Twins?'…"

No comments: