Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Magic! featuring Sean Paul, "Lay You Down Easy" from Primary Colours (The Last Angry Magician)

Commentary:
"Now I know you don't believe me
When I say I do it right (trust me),
My confidence is peaking
To be close to you tonight,
Baby, this is human nature;
Let's turn up that guitar (guitar!),
Smoke a little vapor
And stay up til the sun.

"I'm tryin' to lay you down easy,
(La la la la lay you down easy, eh, yeah)
So, Love, I'm trying to lay you down easy (Follow me, girl),
(La la la la lay you down easy, yeah).

"Now I know you don't believe me
When I say I mean no harm (no harm),
Uncertainty is fleeting,
I'm inspired by your charm (inspired by your charm),
Imagine how I'm feeling,
Falling inches from your grace
I feel like Robert Marley
Got me waitin' here in vain…"

No comments: