Thursday, July 26, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Magic!, "Red Dress" from Primary Colours (The Last Angry Magician)

Commentary:
"She's tried on everything,
Every little thing inside her closet,
And she knows it's getting late,
Knows that I been waiting and I'm starving.

"'Cause we been working overtime,
She wants to make a night that we'll remember,
And I'm staring at the time,
Thinking it's alright, put on whatever.

But I've been on my best behavior,
Pacing back and forth,
And ten thousand lifetimes later
When she walks through the door—

"I said, 'Hey, you, with the red dress on,
'I gotta find a way to take it off,
'I got a lot of love and it's growing strong
When I see you with your red dress on…'

"Yeah, it's hard to concentrate,
'Finish up your plate,' she whispers to me,
But I got one thing on my mind
As they pour the wine and it consumes me.

"But I've been on my best behavior,
Not to cause a scene,
But when we finally get home later
It's just you and me.

"And I said, 'Hey, you, with the red dress on,
'I gotta find a way to take it off…'"

No comments: