Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Suburban Legends, "Bright Spring Morning" from Rump Shaker (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: She said, "Just kill me," to grouse about her workload & working conditions. When the kitchen didn't have the cold beverage I'd ordered & I nonchalantly ordered a different cold beverage that I could see she had in stock, she said, "I love you." I offered to take her away from all that. She didn't take me seriously, not even when I told her I'd just topped off the Malibu Stacey's fuel tank & we could just go, but that was wise because I wasn't being serious (though I had, in fact, topped off the Malibu Stacey's fuel tank en route to that den of iniquity). I have to wonder, if she had taken me seriously, would I have done it, just driven into the night with her, destination unknown? She is achingly beautiful & that kind of beauty has been known to render better, more levelheaded men than me foolhardy.
"…True, it's all in my dreams, yeah.
(All in my dreams.)
You are in all my dreams, yeah.

"What I need is a long holiday,
What I need is a long holiday,
What I need is a long holiday,
What I need is to get away!

"From here for good tonight,
Let's fly away tonight.
On this bright spring morning,
Send our spirits soaring,
Now is the time!
Go, roll down the window,
Go, crank up that radio,
Lets drive until we hit the sky.
It's not about where we go
Lets start living life before we die.

No comments: