Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril


The Chinkees, "You Don't Know" from The Chinkees… Are Coming! (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: The world, for all its myriad problems, is a better place because of Mike Park (center), lead vocalist of The Chinkees & other bands & founder of Asian Man Records, & his relentless work against racism & bigotry of every stripe.
"…And this is my scene,
And this is your scene
And instantly I think I'm better than everything.
I like people
For what's inside.
They use their own minds, don't care what other people think.

"You can be a punk, mod, hippie, Christian, anarchist,
Jock, nerd, preppie, hey! What I'm trying to say is:
'People can be jerks no matter what they look like
And people can be great in exactly the same way!'…"

No comments: