Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Wonderful Day for the Race" from While We're at It (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I enjoy the Reel Big Fish because their music is humorous & sardonic, which speaks to my own black heart. Above & beyond this, though, I enjoy the music of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones because their music is earnest & respectful, which speaks to the Lord's Sacred Heart. Because they are earnest, the Bosstones will take to task those with whom they disagree, but they do so still respecting each person's inherent worth; the Reel Big Fish make the modern mistake of assuming an interlocutor has no value beyond the opinion which which one takes issue.
"What a wonderful day for the race,
Everywhere it's taking place!
I swear you'll hear one wasn't run,
But I'm talking 'about the human one…"

No comments: